The last three years of my life has been in the services of the NSW Digital Education Revolution. Dragged from the obscurity of a Health and Physical Education Teacher doing wacky things with Wiimotes, Laptops, Mobile phones, GPS and any tech I could get my mittens on, into head office to co-led a $28 million dollar professional learning project as part of the NSWDEC delivery of the state wide 1:1 laptop iniative. The program is now at a point of being operationalised and moved to business as usual, something we dreamed we could achieve within 18 months but the reality of education made that timeline a little ambitious. The revolution will go on, where it always belonged in classrooms, faculties, schools and regions. I now get to return to my true passion student learning, as a Head Teacher, Teaching and Learning at Merrylands High School.
What am I looking forward too?
- Working with a discrete team on achieving a singular vision of student learning
- Working under (another) visionary leader
- Working directly with students
- Applying what I have learnt working at the state/system level to working within a school community
- Continuing to blog, just with a new focus
- Finally: Being the change I want to see in the world